Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bose QuietComfort 2 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones


After reading some of the other reviews, I feel I must weigh in with my opinion about these headphones. I bought them online from Bose after some research of similar products. I'm not made of money, but $ 300 did not seem bad, because I really enjoy listening to music, and I own some incredible Klipsch speakers. I think the most important component in an audio system is the final step, the sound sensor, whether they are speakers or headphones, so I tend not to skimp on either.

That said, I've listened to a wide range of headphones, and I own a pair of Sony V600 is. The sound quality on the Bose QC2's are on par with the best I've heard. I personally do not get the feeling of "pressure" mentioned by others, but the noise canceling feature works produce a sense, frankly, you do not get anywhere else. It's not annoying to me whatsoever and I do not even notice it after the first minute of listening. As a reference, I work in a noisy production environment, and I wear foam earplugs in my ears more than 8 hours a day, then the QC2 is completely unobtrusive to me.

As a tribute to their noise-canceling feature, I wear them when I turn off my lawn with my cheap (high) riding mower, and as such they are nothing less than phenomenal. I put them in my Muvo MP3 player and turn up the volume on your player up to about half to three quarters, and I have not even noticed the mower engine anymore. No other headphones I've tried could not let me listen to music while I mowed.

The AAA battery seems to last forever. The construction of QC2's can best be described as very high quality but light. The "phone weighs very little, but I will not let them out of a table for fear of them breaking. I tend to be very careful with my electronic" toys "but I still find myself treating them more carefully than usual.

The bottom line is that I am quite happy with my QC2's. They did not cancel all sound completely, but they decrease sharply lower cancellation rates (road rumble, footsteps on stairs and floors) better than higher frequencies (female voice, television sound.) When I bought them, it was Bose running an offer on a free CD player with the purchase of handsets, and it helped push me over the fence. Even without the free player, I recommend buying them without reservation.


No comments:

Post a Comment